I sketched out an idea really quick, scanned it and fooled around with it using the pen tool in illustrator.
Then I drew it out by hand (since my printer decided to quit) onto vellum. I used acrylic paint since it's the most opaque/fast-drying medium I have.
Then came the confusing part... the instructions said to use a "150W clear bulb or a BBA No.1 Photoflood bulb. Either should be fitted with a foil pie tin." I don't have those bulbs, so I collected all the desk lights in my room and added up the watts. I figured it would be close enough. However, I did have a foil pie tin, so I taped that on, haha Then I covered everything up with an old bed sheet, turned off the lights in my room, and kept my fingers crossed.
I had to work fast to prevent the ink drying in the screen... I made my own ink because the speedball kit didn't have enough colors, but my ink dried pretty fast, and I risked ruining the screen. Wow...typing this I realize I don't follow directions well at all. Anyway, I screened the pink parts first.
and done! Here's one scanned:
Not the cleanest lines, but I had fun and now I know how to screen print for future projects :)